Central Wyoming Hospice

Constructed in 1996, this was Wyoming’s first stand-alone hospice facility of approximately 5,500 square feet with eight beds and expansion planned for four additional beds. The complex included a 4,500 square foot office/administration building attached via canopy. Working closely with the Wyoming Department of Health, the codes for all future hospices were literally written around this design. The facility includes a large living area, chapel, outdoor gazebo, central bathing with beauty sink, central laundry, and warming kitchen with dining area all designed to be “homey” in appearance and feel despite being a licensed healthcare facility. Lyle, although young in his career, and having never designed a hospice facility before, shined as designer and project manager of the original building and the first addition which included three additional beds during a separate project in 1999. The facility has become a model design for other hospice facilities in the entire region.

 

 

Location
Casper, Wyoming

Owner
Central Wyoming Hospice
Pat Logan, Former Board Member
307-234-1031

Contractor
Pope Construction
Greg Pope, Owner
307-472-3241

Scope
New Construction

Size
10,000 Square Feet

Cost
$1.5 Million

Completed
1996
1999 (Addition)