Old Ford Garage

Located in Douglas, Wyoming, the project included an in-depth historic study for the rehabilitation of the Old Ford Garage Building following the Secretary of Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties. The rehabilitation included commercial spaces on the first floor with rehabilitated storefronts and restored façade along with modern, urban lofts on the second floor. Originally constructed in 1916 through 1920, the historic property is representative of early automobile garages and dealership design which also helped promote the development of the Yellowstone highway. The study included recommendations for the rehabilitation of the building and was funded by the Alliance for Historic Wyoming via a grant from the Wyoming Business Council.

Letter of Reference from Jessica Duty

 

 

Location
Douglas, Wyoming

Owner
Brandon and Jessica Duty
TJ Diversification Investments, LLC
307-259-2088

Role
Project Architect

Personnel
Lyle Murtha, Principal Architect

Scope
Study

Completed
2014